Section 1. Duties: The affairs of Beit Am shall be conducted by the Board of Directors.
Section 2. Number and Term: Ten Directors shall be elected by the members for two-year terms. The terms of such directors shall be staggered, so that the terms of five directors shall expire on even-numbered years and the terms of the remaining five directors shall expire on odd-numbered years.
Section 3. The Immediate Past President: The Immediate Past President, if not a present member of the Board of Directors, shall serve as an ex-officio non-voting member, and shall remain in this position until there is a subsequent Immediate Past President. The Immediate Past President shall also serve as Parliamentarian.
Section 4. Eligibility:
- Only members of Beit Am shall be eligible to serve as Directors. Failure of a Director to maintain membership shall terminate membership on the Board of Directors.
- No Director shall be eligible to serve as a Director for at least one year following three consecutive terms on the Board of Directors. A term of one year or less shall not be included for purposes of determining eligibility to serve as a Director.
Section 5. Nominations and Election:
- Nomination by Nominating Committee: The Nominating Committee shall nominate at least one candidate to fill the office of each Director whose term is expiring. The Nominating Committee shall submit its nominating report to the members of Beit Am at least thirty days prior to each Annual Meeting.
- Nominations by Membership: Nominations of additional candidates for a position on the Board of Directors to be filled at the Annual Meeting shall be as follows:
- At least twenty days prior to each Annual Meeting, nominations in writing from the membership may be filed with the President of Beit Am. At least fifteen days prior to the Annual Meeting, written notice of the names of the persons so nominated shall be mailed to the membership of Beit Am.
- Individuals also may be nominated from the floor during the Annual Meeting provided that each person so nominated either be present and consent to such nomination or, if absent, shall have prepared for presentation at the Annual Meeting a written statement accepting such nomination.
- Each eligible member of Beit Am, as defined in Article III, shall be entitled to cast one vote for each position open and no more than one vote for each person nominated. The persons receiving the highest number of votes shall be declared elected as Directors of Beit Am.
Section 6. Powers of Directors: The Board of Directors shall have the power to conduct, manage, and control the activities and properties of Beit Am and make the rules and regulations for the guidance of the officers and for the management of its affairs.
Section 7. Employment: The Board of Directors may employ personnel as needed and shall set the terms of employment; however, the Board may delegate to any Beit Am member or Beit Am staff person the authority to employ religious school teachers and aides.
Section 8. Removal: Any Director may be removed with or without cause by a two-thirds vote of the full Board of Directors. Vacancies on the Board shall not diminish the number of votes required.
Section 9. Vacancies: If a vacancy occurs on the Board of Directors, the Board of Directors by an affirmative vote of a majority present at a regular meeting, or at a special meeting called for such purpose, shall elect a successor to hold office for the unexpired term of the vacant office. The vote should take place within 90 days of the occurrence of the vacancy.